Alan Carr founded Mobius Consultants in 2014 having worked in leading technology and consulting firms for more than 30 years. Previous roles include Technical Director with NEC Corp and Partner at PA Consulting Group.
His clients are truly international including major Japanese corporates, Silicon Valley start-ups, government agencies and investment banks. He has started three successful digital companies.
Alan formed Mobius Consultants to bring to clients a thoughtful and realistic understanding of how digital technology is reshaping markets and the opportunities this brings to transform companies and create entirely new businesses.
Mobius works with clients to get the best from digital technology:
- Strategy – Concepts, markets, competitors, opportunities, partnerships, JVs
- Planning – Business plans, financing, staging, operations, due diligence
- Implementation – Specification, procurement, interim management.
- Started an innovative digital education business and provided Interim CEO
- Advised a $50bn Japanese corporate on digital strategy and operations
- Developed products in IoT and telecoms for Japanese and European corporates and several US start-ups
- Advised Middle East clients on $1bn+ investments in digital networks
- Advised governments on telecommunications policy, including deregulation and licensing
- Started a successful mobile communications company.
Mobius has developed a rational approach to getting the best from digital. Clients value in an area where there are great opportunities and yet hype, misunderstandings and lack of realism abound. Our approach combines:
- Innovation & and creativity – Pioneering new ways of doing things using the best digital technology has to offer
- Technology depth – Getting to the bottom of the relevant technology using hands-on experience
- Business insights – Working through commercial, financial, planning and operations aspects
- Worldwide perspective – Bringing experience from markets around the world.